PDMA Webcast Executive Series: Bringing Agility to Business Development
June 14, 2012
Click below to watch a hi-definition webcast titled “Bringing Agility to Business Development.”
(If the pixels look blurry, click the gears icon and change the resolution)
If you’d like to be a part of the community that shapes Agile Business Development, please join this LinkedIn group and let the group admin (mgurman at smartorg dot com) know that you’ve watched the webcast replay or attended it (that is the only criteria for membership).
About the Webinar
Find out how you can quickly and systematically discover, prioritize and clearly communicate the business case upstream to secure the R&D funding that your team needs, and downstream to inform development priorities. What if you had a process that promotes discovery and truthful communication, and brings people across different functions together to deliver breakthrough innovation?
Agile Business Development practices reinforce the same values that Agile Software Development has brought to the fore – Communication, Simplicity, Feedback, Courage and Respect. These practices help make quick high quality decisions about what products to build and bring to the market. Learn how Agile Business Development can help you:
- deal with risk/uncertainty
- use evidence-based learning to drive product innovation
- pick great opportunities over good ones
In this highly interactive webinar on Agile Business Development, you will learn to:
- Create learning plans that generate evidence to justify further investment
- Structure development to deliver this evidence through proof points
- Assess development uncertainty at each proof point
- Assess market uncertainty given that proof points have been delivered
- Make a compelling case to get the resources you need to make your project a reality by putting it all together
This webinar will be of value to managers, executives and teams in
- Business Development
- Product Development
Meet the Speaker:
Somik Raha works at the intersection of strategy, technology innovation and organizational transformation. Prior to SmartOrg, Somik worked as an agile software development coach and founded the open-source htmlparser project. He received his Ph.D. in Decision Analysis from Stanford University conducting research on values-based decision-making, helping organizations align decisions with their core values. He is an active volunteer with ServiceSpace and blogs for the Huffington Post.