Strategic Financial Planning
Effective strategic financial planning is especially important for product and services-led companies. You want to feel confident that you are maximizing your return on investment. The problem is that you really don’t know what you don’t know. You also suspect that your company is making business decisions based on level of comfort, gut feeling, personal political influence and other emotional factors, not on a truly rational evaluation of your options.
Top 3 Roadblocks Strategic Financial Planning
Identifying and evaluating all of your options is an overwhelming proposition using your current systems.
- You aren’t certain that you have really identified all of your options. Your sales teams have very different ideas about how to maximize ROI than your product development teams. Sales wants to sell and deliver thru the channel in a region you have never sold into before while development wants to create a completely new product line. You don’t have money to fully invest in both approaches. How do you compare such wildly different ideas?
- You have tons of data, but not necessarily the information you need to make good comparisons. How do you predict the future using data from the past? You can’t!
- Money doesn’t grow on trees and most companies only have limited funds. To invest money in new things, you have to decide not to fund others.
The Secret to Successful Strategic Financial Planning
- What if you could take everyone’s ideas and evaluate them on a common playing field?
- What if you had a solution that allowed you to make and discuss multiple comparisons?
- What if you could easily run scenarios?
- What if you could feel confident that the risks of each option were built into the cost-versus-value comparison?
- What if you could come to agreement about the best courses of action to take?
You can with SmartOrg’s software and services!
SmartOrg solutions help you:
- Identify your options
- Analyze the strengths and weaknesses of each
- Simplify the process for comparing all of your options
- See where you can free up funds and identify the best places to invest.
SmartOrg has applied our deep roots in decision science to enable Fortune 500 companies to maximize ROI for over 15 years – companies with deep dependencies on effective strategic financial planning and decision making. Companies like Hewlett Packard, Cisco Systems, TEVA Pharmaceuticals, Bayer, Dow AgroSciences and Boeing Commercial Airplanes depend on our solutions to cut costs and optimize their return on investment.
Interested in learning more?
- Learn how Cisco was able to critically compare projects for the first time.
- Learn how Scholle Packaging was able to free up resources and improve their returns by 100%.
- Learn how Sprint was able to create a coherent view of their options, double their NPV and reduced their strategic planning process from 9 weeks down to 2 days.