SmartOrg is pleased to support the celebrations marking 2014 as the 50th anniversary of Decision Analysis (DA). In 1964, professors Ron Howard of Stanford and Howard Raiffa of Harvard introduced the ideas that have brought DA into the mainstream.
In this webinar, you will hear from three early pioneers of the discipline who will explore how things have changed over the past 50 years. They will discuss the evolution of the field of DA that has led to its organization-wide adoption at major corporate and government entities.
Dr. Ron Howard’s work provided much of the foundation for creating and building the field and associated professions. Beginning in 1964, he introduced a practical, engineering-based approach to corporations and government entities for making complex decisions.
Dr. Howard will be joined by two other early pioneers, Dr. James Matheson and Dr. Carl Spetzler, who will provide their view on the future of DA.
• Ronald Howard, Professor in Management Science and Engineering
• James Matheson, Co-Founder, Chairman and CFO, SmartOrg
• Carl Spetzler, CEO, Strategic Decisions Group; Program Director,Stanford Strategic Decision and Risk Management
This free webinar is co-sponsored by the Society of Decision Professionals and the Strategic Decision and Risk Management Stanford Certificate Program on Wednesday, November 19, 2014 at 9:00 am PT.
Steps to Register
1. Scroll down to the course section at the bottom of the page
2. Click on the red “Enroll in this Section” button
3. Click on the gold “View Cart” link located in the upper right-hand corner
4. Continue with the checkout process by filling out the required information