SmartOrg, Inc. embeds decision science in software to deliver solutions to large organizations in innovation, portfolio management, and strategic planning. Customers cover large global corporations in the areas such as Aviation, Hi-tech, Pharmaceuticals, Medical Devices, AgroSciences, and Material Science. Our unique web-based software for business project and portfolio management is delivered in a hosted environment or on customer servers.
We are seeking a self-motivated Software Engineer for our development team. This Software Engineer will work with a small interdisciplinary team for Portfolio Navigator® and Rangal®, which deploys sophisticated business models through the Internet of Intranets. The Software Engineer will work as part of a team of talented engineers. He or she will be expected to exercise discretion and independent judgment in developing software as well as working directly with end users and customers.
Software Engineers will work with the fulfillment and sales teams to iterate on the design and implementation of our product. They will need to understand the full-stack software development life cycle, requirements, design specification, source control, excellent coding skills, testing, bug fixes. And will deploy and assist with installations of the system to customer sites as well as our outsourced hosting site.
- Work with all aspects of the technology stack, including back-end, middleware and front-end, with proficiency in unit testing, functional testing, and regression testing.
- Deploy and assist with installations of Portfolio Navigator and Rangal to customer sites as well as our outsourced hosting site.
- Develop, create, and modify AngularJS based single-page web application and API utility programs. Analyze user needs and develop software solutions.
- Design or customize Portfolio Navigator and Rangal for client use with the aim of optimizing operational efficiency.
- Analyze and design databases within an application area, working individually or coordinating database development as part of a team.
- Ensure that all code and changes to proprietary software goes through QC prior to release to customers.
Skills & Experience
- 2+ years’ work experience with developing and deploying internet-based software products.
- Master’s degree required in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience. Scientific and/or engineering background useful in dealing with customers doing innovation, research, and development.
- Understanding of product portfolio management, decision science, and innovation processes is extremely helpful and beneficial.
- Intimate understanding of virtual cloud infrastructure and deployment to infrastructure required.
- Test-Driven Development knowledge is required. The engineer is required to work in a team environment following agile practices.
- Required exposure to architectural patterns of a large, high-scale web application, ability to navigate large existing code, and improve code as necessary.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Extremely well organized and detail oriented.
Submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.