Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
SmartOrg, Inc. embeds decision science in software to deliver solutions to large organizations in innovation, portfolio management, and strategic planning. Customers cover large global corporations in the areas such as Aviation, Hi-tech, Pharmaceuticals, Medical Devices, Agroscience, and Material Science.
We are seeking a self-motivated Solutions Engineer Intern on our solutions team. The intern reports to the Head of Solutions. SmartOrg would like to enhance our capability in fulfillment and to explore new domains.
A typical project involvement for a Solutions Engineer Intern would be: to build an excel model based on a customer’s need, convert the model into a template in our proprietary software system and train customers to use the software system to create a portfolio containing their projects. The Solutions/Decision Engineer would also assist the customer in rolling out the software system through their company. He or she may go to the customer’s sites to provide training, design support and consulting to help customers evaluate their portfolio R&D products from an economic perspective. The company would then declare their R&D budget based on such a portfolio analysis. The Solutions/Decision Engineer will also work with the Engineering team to ensure the quality of the system.
- After training, the intern should be able to create and deploy a template on Rangal using the SmartOrg platform, the intern should be able to use it to help solve client problems.
- Work on a client project.
- Conduct user interviews and come up with product improvement ideas.
- Learn to conduct framing and assessment workshops.
- Lead a project of the intern’s choosing.
- Work with development team to advance SmartOrg‘s software.
Skills & Experience
- Exhibit understanding of basic decision analysis.
- Strong understanding of Excel.
- Ability to create a decision tree.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Flexible in an ambiguous work environment.
- Team player.
- Master’s degree in Engineering or Finance.