When you take time to look at your company’s portfolios, do you ever encounter one of these common portfolio management dysfunctions?
- Political battles
- Lack of collaboration
- Mistrust of the numbers
- Many complex processes
- Budgeting challenges
- Lack of clarity around priorities
Strategic portfolio management differs greatly from “operational” portfolio management; it focuses on selecting the best projects to develop. As part of my teachings at Stanford University on Strategic Portfolio Management, I created this webinar on the six key principles that drive the value of your portfolio.
You can watch a recap of the webinar and download the slides here:
[youtube width=”525″ height=”344″]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvDu1tkfK6Y[/youtube]
In the lecture I cover the six critical principles of Strategic Portfolio Management:
- Aligned Decision Forum — Drive real decision-making and conflict resolution at all levels.
- Value Creation Focus — Maximize the value created across the organization.
- Credible, Comparable Evaluation — Allow participants to collaborate efficiently.
- Embrace Uncertainty & Dynamics – Understand and get comfortable with uncertainty.
- Clear Communication & Learning — Share information, update it, and improve results
- Inclusive, Collaborative Process — All stakeholders participate openly and benefit.
Decision-making is complicated by risks and uncertainty around technical success, timing, cost, and commercialization. This video provides a methodology for being successful.
SmartOrg has been applying its deep roots in decision science to strategic business problems of Fortune 500 companies for over 15 years. Companies with large long term investments in R&D and New Product Development (NPD) depend on our software and services to optimize their return on investment.
Learn how SmartOrg makes it easy for companies to evaluate their best product opportunities and drive maximum growth.