Taking PPM to the Next Level: First in a Series – Valued-Based Project Selection

HOW DO YOU SELECT PROJECTS AND OPTIMIZE PORTFOLIO VALUE WHEN THINGS ARE RISKY AND UNCERTAIN?

To register for this webinar, click here.  

The challenge: too many projects compete for limited resources. How do you select the best ones in which to invest? How do you allocate resources throughout development to feed winners and eliminate losers?

Basic PPM tools like score cards, check lists and questionnaires do the job for 80% of the candidates. The other 20% need more extensive evaluation. These projects involve large investments of resources over long periods of time and there is a lot of uncertainty around technical and commercial factors critical to success.

In this series of webinars, we will explore project selection, project prioritization and resource allocation drawing on the processes and tools of Advanced PPM to optimize the value returned from investments in R&D, NPD and innovation.

The basics of Advanced PPM

  • Using Advanced PPM tools to select the highest value projects when there is a great deal of uncertainty
  • Portfolio Optimization Workbench™ an SAP-certified integration of PPM 5.0 and SmartOrg Portfolio Navigator®.
Presenters:
Jim Brown, President, Tech-Clarity Inc.
Ian Strain, Sr. Director PLM, SAP
Don Creswell, Co-Founder, SmartOrg Inc.
Click here to register for this webinar jointly produced by SmartOrg and SAP on Thursday, February 16th, 2012.