The decision-making process in smart organizations is dynamic, following the principles of agile development, wherein the information that informs decisions is routinely updated to provide feedback to adjust decisions about further investment and changes in direction based on improved knowledge.
- An Aligned Decision Forum drives quality decision-making at all levels
- Value Creation Focus means that everyone in the organization understands how their decisions and actions create value for the organization and its customers
- Credible, Comparable Evaluations allow participants to assess and compare value on an objective, level playing field
- Embracing Uncertainty and Dynamics means that uncertainty is understood, communicated and managed
- An Inclusive, Collaborative Process aligns everyone around the strategic goals of the organization
- Clear Communication and Learning allow information to be shared freely, assessments to be routinely updated and project direction modified as knowledge increases